Monday, January 10, 2011

Ow.

Left achilles has been sore for two days now. Although I suppose that rest is a good idea, the pain is at its worst after not moving around for a while. Stairs are also very unpleasant.

According to the Google Gods, there are two probable causes: either the wrong running shoe or over-training (too much, too fast). I think it's a little of both-- my new kicks aren't working out and are going to be returned shortly AND I did take almost two weeks off, so jumping back into the training schedule has been tough.

I put on my old sneakers and went to the gym with the intention of doing at least a mile or two, but once I bumped the pace up past 4 mph, the pain was pretty bad.

I hopped off the treadmill and headed home with a total mileage of 0.2 miles.

Going to give it another try tomorrow.

No comments: