Sunday, December 21, 2008

Three Christmas Miracles

(Between Christmas shopping, Christmas cookies, Christmas cards, Christmas parties, Christmas decorating, and Christmas art "pwojects", there hasn't been much time for posting new entries.  I have lots of pictures of various holiday events, however I'm saving them for a slideshow after Christmas.)
So back to this post...
A miracle is defined as an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment.  So here's a quick post regarding three recent miracles at our house.
.
1:  Liam's Four Month Well Visit
Liam's recent well visit went well.  He's around the 50th percentile for height and weight and everything is going smoothly.  (I misplaced the sheet of paper on which I wrote his exact stats, so I'll have to come back and update this later.)  At the beginning of the visit, the doctor was asking me about milestones and whether Liam was rolling over yet.  I told him that although he is doing better on his tummy and holding his head up for longer periods of time, he hasn't rolled over yet.  Then, as I was backing away from the table so the doctor could start the exam, Liam decided to roll... nearly right off the table.  Dr. Lipp, who was closer, actually made the grab.  
.
.
.
2:  Cara's Cookie Exchange
With teachers assigning final tests and quizzes before the upcoming holidays, my tutoring schedule has been very busy.  I had eight appointments last week and was out of the house on four different evenings.  I had committed to a holiday cookie exchange with some friends for Thursday morning.  Liam, who hasn't been napping much during the day, made it nearly impossible for me to bake during the day-- so I knew that I would have to wait until evening.  Since I was tutoring every night, I figured Wednesday would be as good as any other for the "big bake off".  Did I mention that besides Pilsbury pre-made cookie dough, I have never baked a cookie in my life?  I did manage to find a semi-homeade recipe, but I also needed to make 9 dozen cookies.  I started baking at about 10:30 pm and finished cleaning and packing everything up at about 3 am.  Yes, better time management is on my long, long list of new year's resolutions.
.
.
.
3.  Will's Christmas Gift
Jinkies!  We got the last one!  There was only one set of Scooby Doo action figures left on the shelf at Toys R Us.  We were there at the right time and grabbed it, along with the Mystery Machine.  Will, who has always been facinated with 'spooky' things, can't get enough Scooby Doo-- and I really don't mind, because unlike Transformers or Max & Ruby, it's a show I actually enjoy watching.  Although we Santa got him a ton of gifts this year, I know that he's going to be so excited about this one.  
So how about you... any Christmas miracles at your house?

2 comments:

MamaJoss said...

I'm VERY impressed with your cookies...they came out gorgeous!!! (Psh...don't believe you never baked cookies looking at those beauties - you even have frosted ones!!!) Love the rolling-over shot --- yay Liam!!! -- and GO YOU for scoring the Scooby Doo crew...that's going to be a hit for sure.

Our Christmas miracle will be a day without boogies...they are BOTH sick again...back to the doctors tomorrow...booo. Looking forward to the slide show -- you guys are so cute :)

Anonymous said...

I love it, you must have an understanding, patient, sexy husband!!! Can I have a cookie: )