I don't usually make New Years Resolutions. This is because I make resolutions almost everyday. I usually get up in the morning and set some kind of goals. For example, I might say to myself, "Today I'm going to _______." This blank could be filled in with a number of different things-- avoid junk food, go to sleep earlier, remain calm, go for a run, read a book. Unfortunately, I'm a great goal-setter and a not-so-great goal-getter. But thankfully, tomorrow's always another day and a chance to do better.
So being that this is 2009: The Year of the Mom, here are nine major goals that I plan on accomplishing in the next year.
1) Read at least a dozen books.
2) Learn at least four new piano pieces.
3) Run a 5K.
4) Fit (comfortably) back into my pre-baby clothes.
5) Knit a hat for Liam.
6) Take a short (at least 2-night) vacation with Bill.
7) Quit biting my nails.
8) Find and serve on a volunteer community service project.
9) Edit/organize all of the video and photo footage we've accumulated in the past three years.