Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Be Mine, Valentine.

.
.
Today, Will and I put together Valentines for his classmates.  His party is Friday and that puts us... 1, 2, 3... THREE days ahead of schedule.  This is a new record.
Last year, I was four months pregnant and working full-time.  I had picked up some Valentines on the day before the party, on my way home from work.  Minimal time and energy left me sitting at the dining room table, late that evening, putting them together on my own.  I had wanted Valentine-making to be a special memory for Will and I promised myself that this year would be different.
.
We started working as soon as Liam went down for his morning nap.
Will was excited to pick out a special Valentine for each classmate.
His BF, Russell, got the first one.
Will insisted on signing his name and decorating the package just so.
If you haven't figured it out, there's a volcano in the bottom corner and lava everywhere.
And blue hearts... "because Russell is a boy".
After Russell's was finished, Will decided he didn't want to make any more Valentines.
Especially when he learned that he would be writing his name 14 more times.
He streamlined the design process in order to speed things up a bit.
The finished 15, although we might add more stickers tomorrow.
Notice that Natasha has plenty of stickers.
When I asked Will why, he replied, "Because I love her."
Simple and sweet.
Next on the agenda, cookies for the class party... still deciding whether to bake or buy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bake those cookies!!! You did a great job with those yummy ones at Christmas.....