Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Three Months to Go...

I got three runs in this week.

A 4-mile run, a 10-mile run, and a 3-mile run.

I wish I had more time to devote to training, but I'm doing the best that I can with a full-time job, two kids and on most nights, homework.

This was the third time that I ran ten-miles this month. I carried water for the first time using a belt that I bought at Road Runner Sports. I ran a little over six 1.6-mile loops at a local reservoir and stopped for about 30 - 60 seconds at the conclusion of each lap, to take a little water and rest time. I definitely feel like I'm improving with the endurance required for such long runs. Although, I'm a little disappointed at how slow my pace has become. Based on the fact that the 10 miles takes me a little under two hours, I'm guessing that my pace is a little under an 11-minute mile. It feels more like a jog than a run. Back in my 5k days, I was running close to a 9-minute mile-- which wasn't record setting or anything-- but way faster.

I'm making an appointment with an ortho to take a look at my leg. It's still sore during the longer runs and I'm anxious to find out if there's anyway to improve the problem.

No comments: