Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008

This blog has become the story of my life as a mom. Since the election of 2004, my life has changed dramatically. Different priorities, different viewpoints, different experiences-- different election, different me.    
Will is three years old.  He's thinking for himself, making his own decisions and interacting independently with the outside world. As he grows into his own person, what do I want for him?  I want him to be kind and tolerant of differences.  I want him to think before he acts and I want him to take responsibility for his actions.  I want him to be educated, fair and open-minded.  I want him to be compassionate and to help people who are in need.   Most importantly, I want him to grow up in a society where these principles are valued. Considering the next four years, I want our country's policies on education, the economy, foreign policy, health care and women's issues to be shaped by these principles.
Will and Liam accompanied me to the polls today and we're going to watch the returns together tonight.  I am hopeful that history will be made and that a leader is selected who can unite this country and who can help move our nation in a better direction.  Although I am unsure whether my candidate will win tonight, I am confident that change is coming.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Ha, that is great. Anna, my wife, took our girls to vote with her. Sadly I was unable to vote because I wasn't registered in time from our move, which is inexplicable considering Anna and I registered together.