Monday, October 6, 2008

Five Things...

Today was a busy day.  Aside from the usual agenda, Bill had two different meetings to attend after the school day had ended.  He was supposed to be home by 5:30 so that I could make it to my SAT class and tutoring appointment. (He was late, but he brought me a hazelnut coffee from Wawa, so all was forgiven.)  At about 4 pm, I decided that I wanted to get two things accomplished before leaving.  First, I wanted to make dinner before Bill got home so that he wouldn't have to worry about cooking.  Second, I wanted to spend some time with Will since I would be gone for the rest of the night.  
Liam was peacefully napping in his seat and Will had asked to do an "art project". Normally (see photo at left), he's great about sitting and doing things like coloring and painting.  I set up the kitchen table with crayons, markers, stickers and colored paper and I started preparing the meal.  Unfortunately, Will wasn't feeling too artistic today.  Rather than create a masterpiece, he found some other creative ways to entertain himself.  
Here are five things Will did to amuse himself today while mommy was making dinner:
  1. Put stickers on mommy's butt.  (Apparently, this is hilarious to a 3-year-old.)
  2. Pushed his chair up to the sink to "do the dishes" (aka spraying water all over the countertop and floor)
  3. Ransacked the pantry in a fruitless search for "M's" (aka M&M's).
  4. Unloaded the dishwasher.  (Too bad the dishes were dirty.)
  5. Zapped imaginary ghosts with his imaginary "shooter".  Apparently these ghosts were attacking mommy, because there was a lot of close range shooting going on.
Incidentally, I was making Bow Tie Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream.
Super good.  

No comments: