Friday, October 10, 2008

Green Meadows Farm

Today, as we were heading out the door for nursery school, Aunt Tammy called to invite us to Green Meadows Farm.  The weather was going to be beautiful and we didn't have any plans for the afternoon, so I happily agreed to meet up.  Upon hanging up the phone, I told Will about our plans.  He was very excited and he talked about it during the entire walk to school.
I got back to the house and fed and changed Liam.  I set dinner up in the crock pot and cleaned up the kitchen.  I had called Theia (Aunt) Areti, she had agreed to watch Liam for the afternoon, and I went online to get driving directions.  When I read the page for Green Meadows I realized that...1: The last tour is given at 1 pm and 2: The cost of admission was $10 per person.  Given that Will gets picked up (after lunch) at 12:15, I knew we would never make it by 1 pm.  Then, I was also wondering whether I really wanted to spend the $20 for the two of us-- the admission price was just $7 per person last year.  So I decided that we weren't going... and then I remembered that I had already promised Will and that he had been SO excited about it.  So then I decided that we were going...
I glanced at the clock...10:30.  I called Will's school... I'd have to pick him up by 11:40 if I wanted to get him before lunch (thereby giving me enough time to drop Liam off at Areti's).  I got myself and Liam ready... packed two bags (1 for Liam and 1 for Will)... and headed out the door.  I got to surprise Will at school, because he didn't know that I was coming to get him early.  (This was BY FAR, the best part of the day.)  As I slipped into his classroom, I got to watch his class, in "circle time", singing "Five Little Pumpkins".  He was completely into it... singing and smiling and laughing.  Then he saw me at the door, jumped up and came running to give me the biggest hug.  Like I said, by far, the best part of the day.
So... Will ate lunch in the car and Liam slept the whole way to Areti's house.  Along the way, Will kept pointing out trees that were changing colors and businesses that were decorated for Halloween.  We got to Areti's with enough time to drop off Liam and install the infant car seat in her truck.  We were back on the road and made it to the farm with about 15 minutes to spare.
We met up with Aunt Tammy and Will's cousins and we had a great time.  For all of you that live in/near Monmouth County, this is a great place.  There are tons of animals and the children can enter most of the pens to actually pet the animals.  Each admission also includes pumpkin picking and a hayride.  This is the third time that we've been here and Will always has a great time.  Afterwards, we went back to pickup Liam.  Will got to play with his other cousins and I got to relax and catch up with Areti over coffee and dessert.  Yum.
Will, who missed his nap, fell asleep in the car on the ride home.  I carried him into the house, but couldn't let him sleep.  This is because he was filthy and in desperate need of a bath.  We spent the rest of the night having dinner and watching a "spooky" Scooby Doo DVD that we got from Netflix.  After Will went to bed, Liam was wide awake for at least another hour.  He was stretched out on the couch (as I lay beside him), kicking, cooing and smiling.  It was close competition, but he did actually fall asleep before I did.  Too bad the sleep would be short-lived... he'd be up in three hours for the next feeding.  (...and three hours after that... and three hours after that...)
Heres the link for Green Meadows: http://www.greenmeadowschildrensfarm.com/

No comments: