Sunday, October 26, 2008

Highlights from the Weekend

As planned (believe it or not), we had a much quieter weekend.  On Friday, we went to the Haunted Woods (again!)-- only this time we brought Liam (thanks to the kick-ass baby carrier that Marian loaned us!).  This Saturday was Will's first soccer class (hockey ended last week).  He had a great time and he's already looking forward to next week.  On Sunday, we did the usual swim class and then we were headed to Great Adventure for FrightFest.  In between all this, we had a lot of fun moments at home which included...
1) Flipping through the music channels with Will and talking about the different types of music.  After I explained the "blues" to Will, he asked me about the "reds".  On the "90's" channel, "Losing my Religion" came on and we all danced like Michael Stipe in the REM video.  Classic.
2) Playing "Max & Ruby" on the trampoline.  Ruby (Mom) rakes the leaves into a pile and Max (Will) jumps into them, messing up the pile and shouting "JUMP!" in that annoying Max voice.  (The only people that will truly understand this are parents of children under 5.)
3) Talking to Will about an argument he had with one of his friends on the playground.  I'm not sure what the argument was about, but Will was emphatic about what he said:  "I'm going to eat you for my dinner, bad boy.  Leave my feelings alone."
4) Hanging with Liam, who's getting bigger by the second.  When fed between 11 - 12 at night, he'll sleep until about 4:30 am, which is a definite improvement from the 'eating every 2 - 3 hours' schedule that he was following just weeks ago.  Below is a video of Liam from Saturday morning (about 5 am).  He's freshly fed and changed, and the lights are all off in our living room.  At the time I was thinking, "Go to sleep, go to sleep..."  But when I saw that wasn't happening, I set the laptop on the couch next to him and used the iSight to shoot the video. 

No comments: